ZA HRVATSKU VERZIJU PRITISNITE OVDJE!
Deadline: March 20th, 2014
About the project Wall Displays (WD) ZAGREB PARAFERNALIE:
The Wall Displays project began in 2006 as a window/ communication channel of the invisible parts of the long-term research project “Re-collecting Cities/Re-collecting Time”. The original locations of WD editions were seven wall displays of the ex-cinema venue of Croatian Cinematheque located at the different places in downtown Zagreb. From 2010, Wall Displays have grown into a separate and autonomous project ZAGREB PARAFERNALIE.
Wall Displays are a visible part of our research and reflection on the city, public and private space, urbanity, co-existence and identity.
- Random passers by but also the intentional readers
- Happy visitors of our weblog – http://zidnenovine.blogspot.com
- Professional community: urban anthropologists, art historians, sociologists, urban narrators, architects and urban planners
- Archivists of intangible (urban) heritage and spatial/social and architectural heritage
Wall Displays boxes are positioned in 8 different location in the public space in the city of Zagreb.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Integral and creative Author concept of the whole Edition of Wall Displays in which each of the eight locations (displays) content is treated separately within the proposed Edition.
TO WHOM THIS CALL IS ADDRESSED:
Application may include:
2. Concept of promotion of entire Edition (the proposal of the scenario events ...)
3. Possible concept of events related to a particular location or a complete edition as space-social intervention within the urban fabric
Additional questions could be send to firstname.lastname@example.org
For authors living outside of Zagreb, Shadow Casters will cover part of travel expenses as well. During the period of finalization of the project and the promotion of the edition, authors are obliged to be in Zagreb.
Shadow Casters Executive Board (Alma Sartori, Barbara Blasin, Boris Bakal, Milan Žerjav and Miran Jurić)
Editorial board: Boris Bakal, Mare Šuljak and one member of the Jury