DEADLINE: September 30, 2014
Short description of the project WALL DISPLAYS:
We will also accept: innovative proposals based on humanistic approach in urban research that are exploring (aside of the obligatory visual proposal design) further elaboration in visual design.
Link on googlemap of eight location of Wall Displays.
- The title of the work /project
- Short textual explanation of the authorial theme, concept and motivation – maximum 90 words
- Description of the project – maximum 300 words
- Visual design of concept idea (sketches, drawings, graphics in jpg or pdf format or some other format – drawings/sketches can done electonically or manually ) -10 pages maximum
- Methodology: explanation of the research process elaborated by phases inclucing the resources and methods – description of each phase if the research process is completed ; detailed description of all phases, expected results, detailed action plan and time line if the research process is in developing process.
- Presentation mode of the work/edition (type of media and its performative potential ) maximum 100 words
- Targeted groups of the public – maximum 100 words
- Author' biography; description of the project team (modes of collaboration) – maximum 150 words
The submission proposal could contain:
- Collaboration of the project with local community (citizens, community councils, schools and institutions in the vicinity of Wall Displays )
- Project proposal that in a witty and innovative way want to attract the attention of passers by – either by its design, innovative content, specific insight or by using the new technologies.
- Project that are collaborating with other media and partners are not excluded.
Important notice: the submission proposals that do not contain visual design elaboration (at least for one single wall display) will be considered incomplete (modes of presentation: sketches, drawings, patchwork, animation, etc.)
- the collaboration of the editorial committee with the authors with respect to the development of proposed edition and conceptualization of the project;
- assistance in administering the project and in research' organizing as well as with seeking additional expertise, publishing and exhibition of completed edition.
- entire PR of the Edition: press conference and presentation of the edition, publishing of the Edition' flyer or brochure, announcement to the media and our mailing list (with over 6000 email addresses)
- editing of the photographs for the edition, supply of the props or additional equipment upon mutual agreement
- in exceptional cases: co-design of the Edition ;
- for the authors who reside outside Zagreb, the production is covering: accommodation in Zagreb up to 10 days for the field work – in exceptional cases Shadow Casters will cover travel expenses or assist in seeking additional travel grant.